Here are some fun ways to get involved in your student’s school.
We would love to have you join us!
- Art to Grow - Aid in class instruction and assist with art; curriculum orientation and guidance provided for all art volunteers - no experience needed!
- Class Parents - Parent(s) for every classroom, plan parties, assist teacher if needed.
- Cookie Dough Fundraiser – Coordinate, promote, facilitate orders.
- Dual Language Advisory Council (DLAC) - Open to anyone interested in helping support the sustainability and growth of Dual Language at Jessie Beck and within WCSD. The DLAC meeting 4-6 times per school year at 7:00pm.
- Field Day - Assist teachers with games on Field Day held the last week of school in June.
- Fund the Arts Auction – Classroom Collaborative Art Live Auction, Silent Auction, Food, Wine & More. Our biggest fundraiser.
- Gift Wrap Fundraiser – Coordinate, promote, facilitate orders.
- Go Green Club – Facilitate the recycling program.
- Hearts and Spades Garden Club - Plan, plant, grow, harvest, and maintain our beautiful vegetable garden.
- Ice Cream Social - An evening of fun for the whole family with ice cream sundaes, cookies, cake walk, Bingo, and a share the wealth raffle.
- Jog-a-Thon - Fun event for the students. Volunteers needed the day of the event, popcorn parties after the jog and money counting after the jog.
- Library - Assist Jessie Beck's librarian in shelving books, helping students when needed, help during the Fall Book Fair.
- Membership - Assist in Fall membership drive, promote membership through the year.
- New Opportunities - Supports students and families in need, organize Thanksgiving baskets.
- Playground - Help to keep our playgrounds beautiful and clean by volunteering on scheduled cleanup days or evenings.
- Retail Programs – promote and facilitate free money programs through national and local businesses (Box Tops, Raley’s, Port of Subs, Target, Wal-Mart, etc).
- Staff Appreciation - Help contribute to periodic staff acknowledgement events. Volunteers are asked to bring items as needed.
- Scarecrow Festival – This is a fun community event put on by Jessie Beck School. Volunteers needed to work games, sell tickets, work in snack wagon, food booths, and more.
- STEAM night – Coordinate activities and food, promote the event.
- Walking School Bus – Assist in walking a group of children to school.
- Yearbook - Organize, accumulate class pages, publish, take orders, distribute.
- General volunteers - If you would like to volunteer but have an unpredictable schedule, this is the job for you. We will add you to our general volunteer list. You will be called or emailed to see if you are able to help a various events.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com